Thursday, November 3, 2011

Superstar and one frazzled mom!



  Both Aiken and Taylor were chosen as superstars from their classes this month.  I believe his teacher mentioned it was for responsibility, way to go Taylor and Aiken! 


Just to mention, this was Halloween day and boy was it crazy.  After getting all the kids dressed up in their costumes for school, I thought my halloween celebration work was done for the morning, wrong!!!  By two o'clock that afternoon, I ended up in tears in the elementary school parking lot....here's the explanation (it's a long one!)

  After several trips to the store for forgotten treats and unexpected Halloween parades to attend (I believe the Halloween parade only lives on here in Hawaii),  my day became rather hectic.  I was pretty rushed to pickup the boys from preschool in order to make it to Taylor's superstar assembly on time.  Often, as the boys are leaving preschool, they are given some sort of gooey, sticky messy treat right before getting in the car.  It was no exception this day, they were given gooey cupcakes that I made them inhale as quickly as possible.  Then of course we had to run back into preschool to wash up.  Time is ticking.  Finally, after I contain the mess as much as possible and get the boys  (and Olivia, our carpool buddy) buckled in the car, isaac has to pee.  So, I rush back into preschool to the bathrooms.  Just as I was getting Isaac back in his carseat, Thys and Olivia had to pee, so back into the preschool we went.  As we were leaving, Megan (who was at her  baby doctor's appt) called and asked if I could swing by and get the lei and balloon they had for Aiken.  At this point, I'm really just hoping I make it to the assembly in time, but you can't possibly show up without a balloon and a lei...your kid would feel really lame.  So, I rush back to my house, pick up another balloon and lei, drop off Olivia and rush off to the school.

Parking is ridiculously hard to find at all times at this school, but it was worse today and we had to park some distance away, but we were there and just in time too.  BUT THEN....Thys had a stink because the balloons weren't for him and he wasn't going anywhere, which isn't like him.  Keep in mind Thys and Isaac are exhausted at this point, as well as high on sugar.  Fabulous! so,  after some quick coaxing and bribing we were back on track - BUT THEN...the two boys wanted to play on the playground instead and veered the other direction as fast as they could go.  I ended up running after them, and threw both kids over my shoulder (with Isaac kicking and pulling my hair) and ran for the assembly.  As I come running up in a sweaty, frazzled mess, I had missed it!!! All the kids were filing out the door and back to class.  Luckily I was able to quickly hand Taylor and Aiken their prizes before they went back to class, but that's the worst!  I was the Mom who didn't show up! So, when my friend Rebecca saw the look on my face, she asked me if I was okay, and I just started to cry (I can't believe I'm admitting this) but the whole situation was really quite funny afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Tiff! I had no idea that this day was so stressful! What a crazy story! I'm so sorry I added to your stress, but thank you, thank you for getting Aiken's balloon and lei. I am the terrible parent...I didn't make the assembly at all. Guess it all worked out, but what a day, eh? So happy all the Halloween festivities are officially OVER! That was a long, drawn out holiday, yes?

    ReplyDelete