Monday, December 26, 2011

December FUN!!

The month of December has been one big party, and we still have one week left!  I have had such a blast this past month that I have felt very reckless and irresponsible - fabulous! 


I spent a wonderful week at the beginning of December with my mom & dad, my sister Shantelle, her husband Kal & their cute little girls Eva and Tess, and also Zach and Monica (my family's foreign exchange student).     
 
The girls...Laie Hawaii Temple
                                                                              Isaac, Eva and Thys




 
Eva, Shantelle, Kal, and Tess

  My dad was a great volleyball coach to the kids.  I think he played with Thys for a solid hour, but by the end Thys was hitting it over the net.

 Dad & Zach soaking in the warmth at Sunset Beach
 Dad, Tess and Aylaina walking along Alii Beach Park
looking for turtles.


 My family has this great tradition of lining up on the beach and sprinting for the water as fast as we can.  Love it!  I love how most of us end of face planting it into the water. 
 Monica, Tiffany, Aylaina and Zach at Sunset Beach.
Eva, Isaac and Thys having a great time at Castles.
Zach took Kal out surfing for the first time, on the left is a picture of Kal working at the balancing act on his board. (I'm pretty sure Zach was giggling pretty hard here)

 Looks like he figured it out, way to go Kal! 



 Taylor, Thys, Isaac, Aylaina and Jared at Castles

Aylaina and Monica boogie boarding

Eva was hesitant to get in the water at the first of the week, but by the end, I'm pretty sure she was loving it.  

It was so depressing when everyone left, or so I thought everyone had left.  Zach ended up walking back through the door later that evening.  It was the best surprise ever!! We partied for another week and had the greatest time.

  So, Zach took me surfing every day he was here...I've loved it!! We even both got up on a party wave before he left, that was our goal. The picture above is Zach surfing at Rockies.



After my first surfing session, Zach and I went to the Pipeline Masters Surfing Competition.  It was a perfect day, with perfect waves and perfect company. More surf comp pictures below. 







This is zach taking Aylaina surfing, she did great - I think she caught three waves.


We had a great time with Uncle Zach!
I will have to add in Zach photos at a future time.  We also kayaked to China Man's Hat, picked up ladies for Zach, played dodge tennis, surfed at Castles, surfed at Castles, surfed at Castles, ate fruit after surfing, threw apple cores at cement trucks, went kayaking with all the kids in Haleiwa at Sunset time, and went to the temple just to name a few of the things we did.  

After Zach left, we had one more visitor, our friend Sadie Johnson.  She was in for about four days and we enjoyed every minute with her as well...the party continues.

Here is Isaac, me, and Sadie watching the big waves at Pipeline.




 Aylaina, Sadie and Isaac at Alii Beach Park, turtle watching.

Aylaina and Sadie at Pipeline.

 Sadie and I at the Laie Hawaii Temple.  We will miss you Sadie, we loved having you!!  













No comments:

Post a Comment